Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm Still Here

I suspected that with the surge of spring break posts a few weeks ago, the trend would continue and I would not only finish all spring break stories quickly but also be able to write life updates in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, I have been ridiculously busy lately and free time has become a bit of a luxury. With the end of the semester come papers and projects from all possible directions. Needless to say, I am slightly buried with my assignments. On Wednesday, I have a morphology paper due about the suffix -al. On Thursday, I have a pragmatics paper due analyzing an announcement. The same Thursday I am due to turn in my script and short film for screenwriting, on which my group and I have been working tirelessly for the last two weekends. Morphology and pragmatics will both require hours of studying for the final exams and I need to write my thesis paper about French influence in the Spanish language for my two-credit research course with BU. I am definitely never going to get a Ph.D if I lack the motivation to write 15 measly pages.

On a brighter note, I am now officially a Russian citizen. I was beginning to lose hope about my Russian passport being completed in time for me to go to Russia--for the first time in eight years--before leaving Spain, but the gods seem to have been on my side on this one. After a week in St. Petersburg, I have my last final exam and then a brief trip to London. I sincerely hope that no volcanoes will deter my trip this time. I am unhappy enough to return to the United States; two failed trips to London will not aid my emotional well being. Needless to say, I have a rather busy month ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entonces, ¿no vas a Londres otra vez? Muy interesante.

    ReplyDelete